This flavorful mix of broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, and potatoes is braised in olive oil that’s been infused with rosemary, chile flakes, lemon, and anchovies. (Recipe courtesy of Saveur)
- 1 cup Cokinos Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. anchovy paste
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed with the side of a knife
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 1 lemon, ends trimmed, thinly sliced crosswise, seeds removed
- 1 large zucchini, cut diagonally into 1 1⁄2″-long pieces
- 1 lb. baby Yukon Gold or new potatoes
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stalk cut into large pieces
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, cut into florets, stalk cut into large pieces
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 2 sprigs marjoram, stems removed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Put the olive oil, anchovy paste, chile flakes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, and lemon slices in a 6-qt. Dutch oven. Place over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and the garlic and the lemon slices are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini in a single layer and cook, without stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Flip the zucchini, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add the potatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower to the pot and stir once or twice to coat in oil. Cook, covered, without stirring, until the vegetables begin to brown and soften, about 30 minutes.
- Stir vegetables gently, replace the lid, and reduce the heat to medium-low; cook until the vegetables are very soft and tender, about 60 minutes more.
- Remove the vegetables from the heat, and stir in parsley and marjoram. Season with salt and pepper.